The dmzine survey is the only annual survey that tracks the Australian graphic design industry.
The 2014-15 survey will be the fifth year of the survey and we can now show trends.
The survey results are only available to studios who participate.
The survey covers:
- Length of time in business
- Studio location
- Number of employees
- Overseas sourcing of artwork
- Design services offered
- Increase/decrease in print design revenue
- Increase/decrease in digital design revenue
- Projected increase/decrease in print design revenue
- Projected increase/decrease in digital design revenue
- Increase/decrease in client request for digital design
- Salaries for all staff
- Job estimating
- Studio management systems
- Hourly rates
- Staffing for design management, new business development, account service
- Hours worked by owner and designers
- Staff increase/decrease
- Freelance staff usage
- Studio expansion plans
- Ranking of expertise related to studio management
- Professional development
The survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and is anonymous.
Complete the solo studio owner survey.
Complete the survey for studios with 2 or more staff.